Monday, January 13, 2014

The Doors, Remix

No, not those "Doors", but I think Jimmy might appreciate what I am doing!
I reinstalled the Rover's doors today. It was a pretty straightforward job, but I did have to borrow a few bolts from the parts car to replace 3 or 4 that had their heads rather stripped, and it was a bit tricky propping the doors to just the right level for inserting the bolts, with scraps of lumber. Quite satisfying though, to get them making just the right thump sound as they closed.
The next step was the fabric door panels. Again, nothing is quite straightforward on this kind of task, and I did have to take some time adjusting and refitting the fabric on the boards, jimmying the mounting clips, and the fiddly job of remounting the handles with their little retaining pins. The rear doors are finished, and looking very spiffy indeed. My next "car day" should see the front door panels mounted pretty quickly, and then I may well start her up to let her run a bit and back her out of the garage for a cleanup before beginning a new stage of restoration, probably get her up on jackstands to have a good look at the undercarriage and suspension parts.


No comments:

Post a Comment