Saturday, January 4, 2014

Back at it.....

I got back to a bit of work on the car today after being away all of December. The first challenge was the radio, as it needs to be installed before I can reinstall the walnut dash fascia and the steering wheel.
I installed the 12aq6 tube that I determined was the needed one, but on checking the radio, I still get no reception. So, the dilemma is, do I reinstall the authentic old radio just for appearance sake, or do I purchase a new "Retrosound" unit? Pat convinced me that for the little time I would actually be driving, it is not worth the price of the new unit, especially sacrificing the authenticity of the old radio, so I proceeded with reinstalling the old unit.
When I say "reinstall", that is not really accurate, as this car never has a radio, it is a swap from the parts car. This means there continue to be little challenges in the fitting, and I had to do a little bit more cutting of the mounting frame of the dashboard. I did almost finish the job by the end of the day, but it still needs a couple of screw holes drilled and screws fitted. Hopefully the next car day will see the dash fitted and the interior pretty well concluded.... To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment