I got back to a bit of work on the car today after being away all of December. The first challenge was the radio, as it needs to be installed before I can reinstall the walnut dash fascia and the steering wheel.
I installed the 12aq6 tube that I determined was the needed one, but on checking the radio, I still get no reception. So, the dilemma is, do I reinstall the authentic old radio just for appearance sake, or do I purchase a new "Retrosound" unit? Pat convinced me that for the little time I would actually be driving, it is not worth the price of the new unit, especially sacrificing the authenticity of the old radio, so I proceeded with reinstalling the old unit.
When I say "reinstall", that is not really accurate, as this car never has a radio, it is a swap from the parts car. This means there continue to be little challenges in the fitting, and I had to do a little bit more cutting of the mounting frame of the dashboard. I did almost finish the job by the end of the day, but it still needs a couple of screw holes drilled and screws fitted. Hopefully the next car day will see the dash fitted and the interior pretty well concluded.... To be continued.
No doubt this is an excellent post I got a lot of knowledge after reading good luck. Theme of blog is excellent there is almost everything to read, Brilliant post.
ReplyDeleteCollision repair pasadena