Friday, January 10, 2014

Interior done!

I pretty well wrapped up the interior work today. I finished installing the radio, though I am not hopeful of it ever working, and ditto for the clock. Indeed, because the radio is for slightly later P4s, the clock would not fit right, and I had to jimmy it in. Looks good, but not likely ever going to work.
Then reinstalled the walnut dashboard and the front seat... and thats pretty well it for the interior.

Before and after:



I then went to have a look at the doors and prepare them for reinstallation. I discovered that they needed some lubrication of the fittings, and then noticed the very pocky door handles... just wont do with the snazzy new interior! I then cheked the parts car and found that all four outdoor handles were in nice shape, probably re-chromed recently, so I swapped them all over to the good car.
That pretty well was the day, so next day will be reinstalling the doors.


Before:

After

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bill, I know this is an odd way to communicate but I am in Palm Springs at this time until the end of January and for some reason I can receive emails just fine but cannot send them so forgive me for not responding in a normal way. Your cars interior looks great now, what a huge contrast to the day I first poked my head in it, I actually held my breath when I opened the door the first time when I viewed the headliner. I would love to come up to your place and have a tour of the Rover but it will have to be in February some time as I will be in the Palm Springs Desert until then. When you finish with the magazines just do as you like, keep, recycle or pass them on to another Brit car fan. I will talk to you in February.
    Brett

    ReplyDelete