Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Furflex is flying

More nice progress today, starting with installing the furflex (door trim) around three of the doors. The trouble is that I ran out after three doors. I guess I was supposed to order 12 metres, not 9 metres! Oh well, UPS needs the business.


The furflex is quite easy to install... there is narrow wood pressboard already installed around the doorways, so it is just a matter of tacking the new stuff in place.
I also installed the radio aerial, as per photo. Just a quick drill job... it took all of 10 minutes.



At the end of the day It spent an hour stripping the upholstery panels and the headliner out of the parts car. It should be quite useable in the good car, but will need some cleaning and refitting, and some of the pressboard that it attaches to will need replacing. I will use the old boards as templates for the new boards... my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment