Thursday, November 21, 2013

More trimmin's

Continued to work on the interior today. A few challenges, but progress made. I managed to refit the hard panels around the headliner above the windscreen and doors. The front one was a bit difficult and had to solicit assistance to hold the panel in place while I screwed in the visor mountings. So far I have used all of the panels from the parts car with just a little bit of cleanup.



I then went to work on the radio, as it must be installed before completing the front dashboard. It turned out that I was sent the wrong tube... it was supposed to be a 12ac5 as marked on the box, but inside was something quite different. I did try to install the 12ac6 tube that I had, it fit, but the radio still does not tune in to stations. I may just give up and buy one of the modern "retrosound" units.


No comments:

Post a Comment