Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Progress!

I have been busy with producing a play for local theatre, so haven't taken a "car day" for a while. I made good progress today, and installing the carpets is the first major step toward envisioning the finished project.
This is also the day that I really went to work on dismantling the parts car, as I had to take out all of the furnishings and door panels. It is lucky that I got onto this, as the door panels had gotten quite wet due to lack of window seals. I think they are quite salvageable.
It was time consuming to remove the old front seat runners due to rust. Indeed I was not able to remove one of them, but I did get it loose enough to retrieve the carpet piece from underneath.
My next car day will be spent cleaning and refurbishing the upholstery as gleaned form the parts car, and then beginning the installation.
I am awaiting shipment of the furflex (round trim around doors) before attacking the headliner.




No comments:

Post a Comment