Thursday, June 26, 2014

Gimme a Brake!

The car continued to lose brake fluid after the booster was replaced, but this time I could see it leaking from the master cylinder, or should I say peeing from the master cylinder. So I ordered a rebuild kit from All British Cars. It took a while to arrive, but ended up being a little pack of 5 rubber seals for only $12.
I have never done a master cylinder before, but it has turned out to be pretty darned simple. Of course I haven't reinstalled it yet, so I hope I am not talking too soon!
I am looking forward to Canada Day, July 1, when 30 cars from the Old English Car Club come through Sechelt and Gibsons. I will be the parade marshal for them in the Sechelt parade, and then we gather alongside Winegarden Park in Gibsons for the afternoon.





No comments:

Post a Comment