Sunday, September 14, 2014

British Car Affair in the Park


We took place with our 1956 Rover P4 in the car show at Fort Rodd Hill today. It was great fun with lots of car talk. As hoped, I discovered a couple of people who actually recalled seeing my car driving around the Rockland area in the 1980s and 90s.

Set up alongside an amazing camperized Land Rover. It had only 44000 miles on its 1979 odometer.

Interior of the camper.

Pipers opened the show. My car in background.

The field with Jags in foreground.

My car aside pop top camper.

Unrestored Anglian owned by 17 yr old girl.

Original condition, unrestored and low mileage Rover P 3. This is one of the fellows who recalls seeing my car in the 1980s.

One of my favourites.

Another favorite. An old Commer.


The field as seen from the Fort.

View on south side of Fort.

A pretty Singer.

Bill taking part in Italian Job contest, slinging bars of gold. Our team won. (Only two teams entered)

On our way home over the Malahat. The car performed flawlessly and was a popular hit at the show!













No comments:

Post a Comment